Manchester Donors is open.
On Monday 19th July, the Government eased COVID-19 safety restrictions across England. However, our priority, as always, is to ensure all of our patients and colleagues are kept as safe as possible at all times.
We will therefore maintain our existing safety processes, which includes the wearing of masks and maintaining social distancing. Thank you for your support.
We will continue to support you; thank you for your support and understanding during this period.
Manchester Donors Team
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Our promise to you
This page outlines all of the steps we have taken and the procedures we have put in place to assure you that we have done everything we possibly can to make the clinic a safe place for you.
This means our clinic will need to operate a bit differently. However, we assure you that you will still receive the highest standard of care and warm welcome that you are used to from our team.
New and existing egg donors:
- We are accepting new egg donors and will offer initial appointments virtually or over the phone. Our Donor Team can answer any questions you may have or give support and advice about your egg donor treatment. If you would like to speak to any of our specialists for advice or support at this time, please contact our Donation Team on 0161 300 2734.
- We are taking social distancing seriously and will be spacing out appointment times to ensure the minimum number of patients are in the clinic at any one time. We still want to help as many patients as possible, so we have extended our opening hours. Please check our contact us page for the most up-to-date information.
- Counsellors are always on hand to support you and will be offering virtual appointments to ensure you get the help and advice you need. Please contact our Donor Team on 0161 300 2734 to arrange your appointment.
Arrival at the clinic:
- We have a dedicated car park and if you do have to visit the clinic for any of your appointments, you will be asked to wait in your car and call our clinical team on 07436 140 842 to let them know you have arrived. We will then arrange to meet you at our entrance where we will welcome you into the clinic. If you are travelling by public transport please call us to discuss arrangements.
- Until the situation with Covid-19 improves, we can only accept the person who is having the egg donation treatment in the clinic. This was a difficult but necessary decision to ensure we can comply with social distancing measures and provide the safest environment at all times. If there are exceptional circumstances why this will not be possible please contact us to discuss.
- Everyone who enters the clinic will have their temperature tested at the entrance. This also includes all of our colleagues. If the results show a raised temperature, you will be asked to go back to your car and advised about testing for Covid-19. We will not be allowing anyone to enter the building who has a high temperature.
- We will also be asking everyone to remove their own gloves and mask before entering the clinic. You will be hand sanitiser and then one of our masks to wear before having your temperature tested. You will then be shown to the treatment area. Everybody in the clinic will be wearing a mask and the required PPE. We will all still have our friendly faces underneath the masks. We will also be operating a one-way system to ensure social distancing and will ask everyone in the clinic to go upstairs via the lift and downstairs via the stairs (unless you are unable to do so.)
- Hand sanitiser gel will be available at points around the clinic and a rigorous cleaning regime will be carried out throughout the day, paying particular attention to hand rails, door handles and areas with a high touch point.
- There are things you can do to help too during your time both in and outside of the clinic. We ask you to be aware of not touching your mouth, nose and eyes, make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, particularly before eating or handling food and avoid close contact with people who are unwell. These will all help to prevent the risk of infection.
We have everything in place to ensure we will give you the best possible care in the safest way. Everyone at Manchester Donors is committed to protecting patients and colleagues and we appreciate your understanding in these difficult circumstances.
You can contact the Manchester Donors Team on 0161 300 2734.