There’s no greater gift than egg donation. And if you apply to be an egg donor now pre-Christmas, you could give someone the hope for 2020.
We’d be able to start the first part of the process - all your initial screening tests and counselling – so you’re ready to start donation as soon as possible in the New Year.
Donating eggs does take some time from application to actual donation, but don’t worry – we make sure all your appointments work around you and any festive season plans you may have.
Here’s a quick run through of what will happen over the next few weeks if you apply now:
Applying to be an egg donor
Egg donation starts with our no-obligation online application form – which is just a few simple questions that allow us to quickly assess your eligibility, such as:
- Your date of birth – you need to be aged 18-35 to donate eggs
- Your height and weight – you need to have a normal range BMI of 19-29
- Family history – we need to check that you don’t have any genetic or hereditary conditions in your family
- Whether you smoke – all egg donors need to be non-smokers or have quit at least three months previously
Once we have received your online application, our Donation Team will review your form and be in touch within a day or two to advise if you can proceed.
The egg donor tests & appointments you’ll have now
You’ll come to our clinic for your initial screening tests, which assess your suitability to be an egg donor and help us to determine the egg donor medications that are right for you. We check your ovarian reserve via a simple blood test and perform an ultrasound scan.
You’ll meet with a fertility consultant to plan your personalised egg donor pathway. And you’ll also see our friendly counsellors – either online via video if that’s easier for you or face to face – to talk through the implications of egg donation.
Egg donor counselling is a really important step. It’s all about making sure that you’re fully informed about what being an egg donor really means for you, now and in the future, so you can make a confident decision to donate.
Why be an egg donor?
Ready to apply? That’s great! Being an egg donor with Manchester Donors is one of the most amazing and rewarding things you can ever do. Here’s why:
- Your donation changes lives: Your donated eggs will be used in treatment by someone whose only hope of a baby is to use donor eggs. Egg donors are needed for lots of different reasons, by young and older women alike.
- You can find out about the family you help to create: As the egg donor you can find out if your donated eggs result in pregnancy, the year the baby is born and the gender.
- You’ll have the best experience: Manchester Donors is one of the UK’s most successful egg donor programmes, chosen and trusted by women who wish to help others through egg donation. We have many years of expertise in egg donor care and support, so your egg donor experience is the best it can be. You’ll also receive compensation of £750, to cover your time and any travel expenses during your donation journey with us.
Why not watch our useful video that explains more about being a Manchester Donors egg donor here?
When you’re ready to apply, you can complete your form online here. And if you have any questions, we’re always here to help – just call us on 0161 300 2734.
We look forward to welcoming you as an egg donor in 2020!