Writing your egg donor ‘pen picture’ is one of the most personal parts of donating your eggs. It’s when you get to tell someone who needs an egg donor, why you might just be their perfect choice, in your own words.
There are lots of things you can put in your pen picture – but there are also lots of things you can’t. Anonymity is intact between egg donor and recipient, so you can’t include anything that could potentially make you identifiable, such as specific details about where you work or currently live.
When writing your pen picture, think about what’s important to someone who needs an egg donor. Your profile already has the basics about you. So your pen picture is where your personality and individuality really shines through. You might want to write about:
- What type of person you are
- Your outlook on life
- What study you’ve done or the career path you chose and why
- What makes you happy
- What your hobbies and interests are, what music, television or films you like
- About your family – do you have any children, siblings, pets
- Why you decided to be an egg donor - what motivated you to want to help someone have a child?
- What you hope for the person using your eggs
- A goodwill message to any child that’s born
Pen pictures are a really vital part of your egg donor profile. We can’t show patients photographs of you, so it’s the only way to give someone a good idea of who you are. We’ll give you guidance when writing your pen picture if you’re not sure what to say.
We’ll use your pen picture and your profile to help us match you to a recipient patient. We also help where we can, using our own personal insight as we get to know you all well.
If you’ve got any questions about the egg donor process or egg donation, talk to our friendly team on 0161 300 2734. We’re always happy to help. If you’d like to be an egg donor, you can apply online.